Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Promises, Promises...

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…HAPPY  NEW YEAR!"  Amidst the confetti floating through the air, the sound of bazookas blaring in the atmosphere, the delicate clinking of champagne glasses, the warmth of tight, tender hugs and the taste of sweet kisses…somewhere in there is promise.  Don't you just love the idea of "promise?"  It is absolutely encouraging and pushes us towards that new great thing that is just around the corner.  Some of us will promise to live a healthier lifestyle.  Some of us will promise to love harder.  Some of us will promise to play more and work less.  Some of us will promise to mend broken relationships.  Some of us will promise to search for a profession that utilizes our talents and still manages to be fulfilling to our souls.  Others of us will promise to simply consistently try a new thing.  Expand our horizons a bit.  All while practicing being brave.  "I WANT TO BE BRAVE!" *screaming at the top of my lungs & flailing my arms in the air frantically*

So!  This is me being brave.  And being able to answer the question, "When is the last time you did something for the first time?"  Creating a blog where I share my intimate thoughts from musings, to inspirations, to puzzlements, to fantasies…not to mention reveal my writing flaws...for all to see.  And comment on!  For the sensitive among us there is a level of vulnerability that comes with lifting the veil on our lives for others to peer at our mess.  But I also know there is healing and isn't that what this journey in life is all about?  To be healed, to be whole and to be a part of the healing of other people.

With that in mind it's my hope a community is created with this blog that welcomes vulnerability, celebrates differences, refrains from judgement, assumes positive intent and encourages participation.  The more sharing that happens the larger our span of vision becomes and that's a good thing!  If we do this thing right, the potential for goodness is bubbling just below the surface and that is enough for me to practice being brave with you.   

Here's to practicing being brave and having what we want! *cheers*  
     

41 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to travel along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you for taking this step Faith. Not too long ago I remember you telling me to do just this. I'll certainly stay tuned. I'm positive your new hobby will lead you in directions you probably never imagined. It is always that first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarky Boo!! We did have that discussion, didn't we? I miss your voice, terribly and am happy you are joining me for this journey. Our journey, really! Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  4. Glad to have you with me, Beverly! Mmmwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats darling. This should have happened sooner. Have fun!! I'll be rooting you on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own personal editor late night in bed while we go over the content. Thank you, love! Blowing kisses your way, Mr. Barker...

      Delete
  6. Excited to explore my stuff, share, and engage in that which i have always shied away from...BEING BRAVE AND DOING IT AFRAID!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am! We are on the this journey together, girl. *cheers*

      Delete
  7. I'm so excited!! My uncle has called my phone 3 times while I tried to post this comment and I promise I didn't have the patience to help him (IPad tech support) because I wanted to read this entry.

    I'm thankful for your first step Faith! Cheers to the journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to have you with me, Jenn Jenn! *cheers*

      Delete
  8. Whoo Hoo!!! Looking forward to the fantastic read...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be great. To being brave in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mama named me, "Faith" for a reason, girl! Here's to the journey & you coming with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Faith, this is going to be incredibly exciting and I am so happy that you took your first step towards being brave and doing things on purpose and with purpose. 2014 has the promise of being an amazing year. Here's to your brave journey! Congrats on your first blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't promise good?!? Glad you are with us, Mi Mi!

      Delete
    2. Thank God for his promise to us. I stand for the promise. Amen

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah 2014 is here with you and tons of creativity. Looking forward to great mind massaging reads. Very happy for you! Keep doing you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to read it as it unfolds. You are truly gifted and I know this is according to divine design. Best wishes moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luther Lamar WilliamsJanuary 1, 2014 at 1:47 PM

    2014 holds new possibilities as I search for a new career at the age of 40. That's my brave choice when looking at my future and where I want it to go. Law Enforcement is calling me, so that's the direction I'm headed towards. Here's to being brave, bold, and rebuilding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that is dreaming BIG, Luther! Good for you & here's to new directions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found you!!! Awesome job, Faith! I love what you have done! Girl, I absolutely love the music choices. - Sonya (chocol8sjd.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you can hear the music, Sonya! Figuring out all the bells & whistles has been interesting. Thanks for joining! Mmmmwah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very proud and excited, you're stepping out only makes more room for the unlimited possibilities before you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! Living what I talk about with some encouragement along the way. Thanks, Leslie!!!

      Delete
  20. Faith Margaret...I'm soooo very proud of you for stepping out on faith (no pun intended) and sharing your journey with the rest of us. Your words have healing power, love power and laughter power. I'm so excited to support you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know all about me, Keisha Green and your feedback is counted as most valuable in my little part of this big old world. I appreciate the support, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cheers! Remember to just be you. No expectations, just let it come. It doesn't hurt to keep a notepad with you for when you are inspired by something random. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first real live blogger commented on my first blog! Thanks, Carol!! You are a good source of inspiration and I am hopeful I can be the same for someone else.

      Delete
  23. Happy New Year Faith! Thank you for sharing. You never know how much you add to someone elses growth and understanding by sharing your own journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Katina & welcome, welcome, welcome! A little bit of fun mixed in here and there on this blog is what I am hoping to create along this journey. Glad to have you, girl!

      Delete
  24. Love! Love! Love!

    2014 has lots of running in store for me! 14 Medals in 2014! I plan to spend this year being a different better version of me... I am looking forward to the awesome posts to come from you! =)

    3 Cheers For Faith! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A real writer is with us, y'all!!! Hip Hip Hurray for you, too Tina Bina!

      Delete