Saturday, January 4, 2014

When You Get Right Down To It...

Recently I came across an invitation to speak out loud what I absolutely wanted to feel in 2014.  To feel?  Mmmm hmmmm, that's what I said!  The habit of speaking out loud what I want does not come easy for me, so I take every opportunity to practice those muscles.  I know when I speak things aloud that simple action helps hold me accountable and that was enough to get me to think this thing through.  The challenge plainly stated was to identify what are my "Core Desired Feelings For 2014".  Not what I wanted to DO in 2014, mind you.  Nope!  But what I wanted to FEEL.  
My first few attempts avoided anything related to feeling whatsoever.  I read them over and over and let out a loud, "Dang!" when I realized I did not answer the question. I kept typing things I wanted to do. i.e., "I want to save more money." and "I want to travel more."  After several strokes of the keys on my Mac Book Pro and the accompanying deletions, I figured it out.  Here are my Core Desired Feelings for 2014:  
  1. I want to feel settled. It is in my nature to worry over things & it can be exhausting.
  2. I want to feel connected. And I'm talking feeling connected to the point that I'm always giving my absolute best to a person, situation or thing.
  3. I want to feel guilt free. We can be our own worst critics and really unkind to ourselves with self judgment. I don't like being in that place & it's time to do something about that, dammit
    A trip, right?  Now, here is your assignment should you choose to accept it:  Comment on this blog with what are your  "Core Desired Feelings For 2014."  This is a good exercise in asking for what you want and making an attempt to hold yourself accountable by speaking it aloud to someone else.  I have a feeling you will want what that person wants and that person will want what that other person wants and on and on.

    We can have what we want, so let's claim it for 2014!  You hold me to my list and I will hold you to your list.  Deal?  Ready.  Set.  Go!**

15 comments:

  1. I understand some of you are having a hard time posting comments. I suggest you comment from your iPad, desktop or laptop. And be sure to complete the "Comment as" drop down menu below. If you do not have any of the associated accounts, you can always comment as "anonymous" and add something to your comment that identifies you to me. I apologize for the trouble and I am working to fix it. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said & this is Kenneth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I want to FEEL... I definitely want to feel settled, connected and guilt free. I will add to that list: secure - in finances, relationships and purpose. --Shirelle B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanting to "feel" secure is a good one, Shirelle! I wonder if surrendering anxiety, worry and fear are necessary to get to that feeling of being secure? Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm certain it is. This includes speaking out & up when you would normally hold things in... It brings about a freedom that will usher you into security... Freedom... That's a great feeling to go after... Learning to live out our authenticity awards us that wonderful feeling of FREEDOM. --Shirelle B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to feel safe; I want to feel secure in my body and mind; I want to feel real joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the feeling of being "safe." That encompasses a lot, actually. You are well on your way, friend of mine!

      Delete
  7. I want to feel content....I prefer this word to safe (which was my first thought). Contentment for me is a feeling that I have whatever it is that I need, more or less- and I will be fine whatever the good Lord decides to send my way. Safe (in my opinion and not to discourage anyone else from wanting that feeling) is security- but in what? I don't want to put my safety or security in anything that is susceptible to moods, lol. So, for 2014, I want contentment because I know in that I will be fine ~ Sonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm…contentment is a good feeling and reminds me of being satisfied. I like that take, too Sonya!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you brought this one up! Hold me accountable to mine! Please and thanks!

    1. A Love Unspeakable! (hope I can write it)

    2. Courageous! I wanna see me be brave, Natina! #sarabareilles

    3. "Relax(ed), Relate(d), Release(d)! I want to be able to always channel my inner Whitley Gilbert...and get a good giggle! I need to slow down sometimes...and smell the beautiful sunflowers.

    4. The Will To Give! Mostly because it feels so damn good! Especially when they don't know it's coming #CheckYourMail

    5. Uncomfortable ...and not in an unsettled, bad, anxious way...but in a way that I'm forced to do something different, try something different, maybe become a different me #KeyshiaCole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you evoke the memory of THE Whitley Gilbert Wayne, Natina?!? It's so easy to rush through life and not enjoy the view along the way or even take deep, cleansing breaths for the journey. Relaxed. Related. Released. Good ones!

      Delete
  9. I want to feel "Ready" . To stop feeling that there is always something I need to do in order to "get ready". I just want to feel ready and able to do whatever it is. No more hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling ready is empowering and settling, right? You can absolutely have that feeling, MiMi. And I believe you are more ready that you believe you are, actually. Feeling ready! That's a good one...

      Delete
  10. Hey Faith!!
    I've tried at least 10 times or more & even tried today. So...
    thought I'd share my response w/you in case you want to post it on your blog. Hope you're having a GREAT day! What I want to feel for 2014?
    Good Question Faith.1. Peace
    2. Stability
    3. Even greater intimacy and connectedness with God. (The kind of friendship where you hear & feel Him so keenly that He finishes your sentences & speaks to & reaches you in such an intimate way that it makes you shiver & shake your head in wonder at being known so well-(Getting back to that & it feels great!)
    4. Wonder & excitement about life. Anticipation.
    5. Inspired & inspiring. : )
    6. Accomplished & Content. As an Artist. Stepping out in faith to do big things in 2014!! Actually looking forward to feeling that in pretty much every area of my life.Hadn't really taken the time to ponder the "feel" part of my goals for 2014. Thanks for this blog post Faith. Glad I did. *As said by my friend, Anna!*

    ReplyDelete